Effective Online Virtual Orthopedic Care
Dr. Derrington is available to provide exceptional medical care through virtual online visits. Our program gives patients face to face, real-time access to Dr. Derrington, who can help them with a variety of orthopedic muscle and joint-related conditions, including:
- New or chronic orthopedic muscle and joint pain either from injury or overuse (see our conditions treated page here)
- In cases where an orthopedic surgery was canceled, and the issue persists
- First-time appointments for those with orthopedic needs
- Follow-up appointments to continue treatment plans
- People looking for alternatives to surgery or for a less invasive solution
Our goal for new patients is to help diagnose their issue(s) and provide appropriate treatment options, including candidacy rating for a Regenexx procedure. For our existing patients, we can help continue your progress moving forward through remote patient monitoring.
What to Expect of Your Virtual Doctor Visit?
Virtual visits are very similar to a typical office visit. However, the physical office is replaced with telecommunication technology in the form of a video call.
It’s a simple 3-step process:
- Your online doctor’s appointment is scheduled. You’ll then receive confirmation of your appointment with a link to your virtual doctor’s office. Make sure you mark your calendar!
- You’ll be directed to complete a self-exam and patient history form which you’ll submit through a secure web portal. Your doctor will review the information with you in greater detail during your appointment.
- In the day and time of your appointment, you’ll be greeted by your doctor. Since screens are two-way you can share and discuss diagnosis, imaging, medication, treatment options, and more.
Is it Covered by Insurance?
Many insurance carriers now cover these types of virtual doctor exams during the crisis. Once you are connected with the practice office you can discuss your specific insurance coverage.